saab forums   saab forums

Go Back   Saab Forums > Main Category > Saab 9-3 / Turbo-X Forum

Saab Forum: 03 9-3 radio problems

Old 10-15-2012, 02:11 AM

Default 03 9-3 radio problems

My mother recently passed and I was given her 03 9-3. Love the car, she had recently complained about the radio not working at all. I check fuses, etc but couldn't not figure it out. I live a few hours away from her, so did not have more time to look at it. I got it to work tonight, but real inconsitent. If I turn the radio off before turning car off, it will work once I start the car and turn radio on. If I don't turn it off, it will work briefly then off, then on, etc. I put the hazards on to see if I could hear the "blink" Could hear for 5 flashes, then off for 7, on for 5, off for 7, etc. The radio display would display fm1 at the same pattern. I also noticed that the CD light on the entry slot would also stay lit on the "on" and would go out on the "off"